[ — > download this page as a pdf here ]
The Swiss Micro- and Nanotechnology Network is offering five prizes each of 2’000 CHF for excellent scientific first-author publications in the field of Nanotechnology and Nanoscience published by PhD students in 2016/2017 sponsored by:
The prizes will be awarded at the annual Swiss Nanoconvention conference, being held from 6-7 June 2018, at ETHZ.
As a rule, the work should have been conducted at a Swiss university or research institute and should not be older than 2 years. The manuscript can be written in German, French or English and must be either accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal or published in a peer-reviewed journal in 2017 through April 2018.
The application must include:
- A nomination letter by the PhD advisor (not longer than one page)
- A curriculum vitae of the PhD student including a list of activities and publications (not longer than 2 pages)
- A short summary stating the importance of the work (max 1⁄2 page)
- A PDF copy of the manuscript of the published work
All pdf-files of 1) through 4) must be merged together into a single pdf that takes the name of the PhD student. This single pdf document must be submitted by the 21.4.2018 to the following address (by Email):
Prof. Christian Schönenberger
Department of Physics, University of Basel
4056 Basel, Switzerland
- Prof. Jens Gobrecht (PSI)
- Dr. Karl Knop (SATW)
- Dr. Pierangelo Gröning (Empa, Materials Science and Technology, Dübendorf)
- Prof. Barbara Rothen-Rutishauser (Adolphe Merkle Institute, University of Fribourg)
- Prof. Christian Schönenberger (Swiss Nanoscience Institute, University of Basel)
Communication of the prize:
The prize winners will be introduced on the website of the Swiss Micro- and Nanotechnology Network and the award will be handed over by a representative of the sponsor companies at the Swiss Nanoconvention 2018 taking place at ETHZ on 6-7 June.