The Swiss Micro- and Nanotechnology Network is offering five prizes each of 2’000 CHF for excellent scientific first-author publications in the field of Nanotechnology and Nanoscience published by PhD students in 2022/2023 sponsored by:
The prizes will be awarded at the Swiss NanoConvention SNC 2023.
The work should have been conducted at a Swiss university or research institute and written up in an English manuscript. This manuscript must have been appeared (at least) online in a peer-reviewed journal in 2022 through March 2023.
The application must include:
- A nomination letter by the PhD advisor (not longer than one page)
- A curriculum vitae of the PhD student including a list of activities & publications (not longer than 2 pages)
- A short summary stating the importance of the work (max ½ page)
- A pdf copy of the manuscript of the published work
All pdf-files of 1) through 4) must be merged into a single pdf that takes the name of the PhD student. This single pdf document must be submitted by email at the latest by 30.4.2023 to the following address:
Prof. Christian Schönenberger
Department of Physics, University of Basel
4056 Basel, Switzerland
- Prof. Hatice Altug (Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne)
- Prof. Barbara Rothen-Rutishauser (Adolphe Merkle Institute, University of Fribourg)
- Dr. Yasin Ekinci (Paul-Scherrer-Institute)
- Dr. Pierangelo Gröning (Empa Materials Science and Technology, Dübendorf)
- Dr. Andreas Hafner (BASF Schweiz AG, Dübendorf)
- Prof. Christian Schönenberger (Swiss Nanoscience Institute, University of Basel)
Communication of the prize:
The prize winners will be introduced on the website of the Swiss Micro- and Nanotechnology Network and the award will be handed over by a representative of the sponsor companies at the Swiss Nanoconvention 2023, which will take place in Neuchâtel from June 15th to June 16th, 2023. The ceremony is scheduled for the 16th of June, but we welcome all awardees on both days of the SNC.